Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church

Image Number: 00296
<br>Detail of Polish Eagle on facade of Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church
<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 00297
<br>Sanctuary at Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church
<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 00298
<br>High altar at Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church
<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 00299
<br>Pipe organ and sanctuary at Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church
<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 00300
<br>Sanctuary as viewed from choir loft at Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church
<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 00301
<br>Facade of Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church
<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 03786
<br>Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church looking down Buchanan Street<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 03787
<br>Facade of Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 03788
<br>Detail of belltowers at Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 03789
<br>Facade of Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 03790
<br>Facade stonework at Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church<br>
--Detroit, Michigan Image Number: 03791
<br>Elevated view of Saint Francis D'Assisi Catholic Church from a nearby building<br>
--Detroit, Michigan

Location Name:  Saint Francis D’Assisi Catholic Church (Detroit, Michigan)

Location Type:  Church (Catholic)

Year Completed:  1890

Architect(s):  Joseph G. Kastler and William E. N. Hunter

History:  

Saint Francis D’Assisi parish was established in 1889. The parish’s first church was built the following year, with its first Mass on Easter Sunday 1890. The parish quickly outgrew the church and architects Joseph G. Kastler and William E. N. Hunter were chosen to design the new building. At a cost of $150,000, the Italian Renaissance style structure of Malvern brick and Indiana limestone trim was dedicated on 04 June 1905.

Click here to visit Saint Francis D’Assisi Catholic Church’s website.

Sources